Perfect Garden Salad
Everyone needs a good, classic Garden (House) salad in their back pocket. This one is mine and I pair it with a Maple Balsamic dressing. This dressing lasts a few weeks in the fridge so you can enjoy it with any salad to get your greens in!
Really you can add in whatever veggies you love most, but this is how I make it and how it was served at the restaurant as well.
These quantities are vague, just because I think you should make whatever size of salad you want! The amounts of veggies and lettuce suggested will make roughly one large salad or two small size salads
If you adjust the veggies to your liking I would recommend at least keeping in the roasted sweet potato. They're basically the best part about the salad. That's if any make it from the pan to the salad because you'll be snacking on all of them non stop!
It also goes really well with sliced Tempeh bacon to add some extra nutrition to it for a complete meal!
Classic Garden Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato "Chips"
- 1 medium evenly shaped sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp of ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- 3/4 Tbsp of Club House grilled Vegetable seasoning ( or really any veg seasoning)
- Preheat your oven to 375 and prepare a baking sheet with a silpad liner or parchment paper
- Slice your sweet potato very thinly. A little thicker than a twoonie, or roughly 1/8" - 1/4" thick
- Evenly place the sweet potato slices out onto the baking sheet
- Drizzle the olive oil on, then use a pastry brush to evenly brush the oil onto each sweet potato round
- Evenly sprinkle on all of the salt and pepper and veg seasoning
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the potato is cooked and the edges of the slices are crispy
- Let cool until ready to use
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- 3/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (E.V.O.O)
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp of granulated garlic
- 3/4 tsp of granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp of strong Dijon mustard
-Using an immersion blender, or a regular blender, blend all the ingredients together until they are combined and smooth. This should take only 1-2 minutes
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for a few weeks. Shake or stir well before serving (sometimes it separates)
To make the Salad
- Spring mix salad
- Prepared bag of any slaw mix (or you can also just use shredded carrots)
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced thinly
- Your baked sweet potato chips
- A couple handfuls of pumpkin seeds
- Maple Balsamic dressing
- Micro greens or sprouts
- Any additional veggies you love
- Start with your desired amount of spring mix, then add in the slaw (or shredded carrots), cucumber, sweet potato chips, pumpkin seeds then drizzle on the dressing.
- Serve immediately!