The Pretty Pear Panino
I love this Panino! Creamy Brie (now called Double Cream) Cheese from Zengarry Cashew Cheeses & Balsamic Fig Jam just belong with fresh, sliced Pear. I've always made this Panino with this locally made Balsamic Fig Jam, which you can order online now; but it's also good with regular Fig Jam which can be found at most grocery stores.
There's nothing you need to actually make at home for this Panino, so gather all of your ingredients and start building your sandwich!
*It's okay if you don't have a Panini grill at home! You can make a Panino in a pan too! I'll give the instructions to do this below
To build your Pretty Pair Panino
- An oiled pan, a spatula and a lid that fits the pan (if you don't have a sandwich griller at home)
- Zengarry Double Creme Cheese
- Balsamic Fig Jam (or regular fig jam)
- A handful of spinach
- 1 Bartlett Pear, thinly sliced / ripe but still firm (I leave the skin on)
- Fresh, fluffy Focaccia - get some from Nat's Bread Co. here
- On one side of your focaccia, spread a generous layer of the Zengarry cheese
- On the other size of the bread, spread on some Balsamic Fig jam
- On the fig jam side, top with a small handful of spinach
- Then on top of the spinach add on 5-6 slices of pear
- Then, heat your pan to medium heat. Place the sandwich in the center and use your spatula to press it down firmly for the first 2 minutes or so. I know,...be patient it's worth it.
- Flip the sandwich gently using your spatula, cover with the lid and let it cook until lightly crispy and the cheese has softened and the contents inside are warm
- Slice in half and enjoy served with a Garden Salad or your favorite soup !